- This event has passed.
Holiday Basket Auction
November 25, 2022 @ 9:00 AM – 11:59 PM CST
The bidding will begin November 25th and will end December 1st!
Here’s how it works:
Step 1: Accepting Donations
We accept new and like new items/services for our auction during the schedule donation drop off dates. Items do not have to be pet themed, but these are always popular! We also love donations from crafters, direct sales from individuals and local businesses. Participating in the auction helps the kitties while giving you exposure for your business!
The IRS has specific rules regarding tax deductions for donations to charity auctions. Likewise winning bids are subject to specific requirements to claim a tax deduction. Please refer to the IRS website or a tax professional any questions regarding a tax deduction, as certain situations are not tax deductible.
Step 2: Auction is OPEN – bid, bid, bid!
- Pictures of auction items will be posted prior to the auction start date to give everyone time to look over the items they might like to bid on.
- The auction will open at a specific time and close at a specific time as posted in the auction group.
- Once the auction is open – bid away! Simply comment under the picture of the item you’d like to bid on. When the auction is over, the highest bid wins!
- Keep in mind this is to raise money for the care of our adoptable cats and kittens. Don’t be afraid to over bid on an item. This is an auction, after all! If you really want it – go for it!
- Most of all, we want this to be a FUN experience.
- Enjoy the bidding wars, support the fur-balls, and win that special item (or two, or three..) you wanted!
- Please note the end date and time of the auction – bids placed after the auction closes do not count.
Step 3: Payment & Pick Up
- Winners will be notified which lot(s) they have won with detailed instructions on where/how to make their payment
- Payment is expected within three days via PayPal.
- If you wish to pay in person via cash or check, you may do so at pickup.
- Pick Up times and location will be posted within the auction group.
- We generally have two to three opportunities to pick up. If you can’t make the pick up date(s), you will need to make other arrangements. (See below)
PLEASE NOTE: All items – paid and unpaid – which are not claimed within two weeks of the last pick up date will be returned to the donor, placed into a future auction, or donated to a local charity at our discretion UNLESS other arrangements are made with the auction coordinator Angelina Berg or Jo Menacher. Any problems that may occur or suggestions that could benefit this fund raiser please email the names above at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do appreciate all the donations and the bidding as it goes a long way towards spaying/neutering animals.
Again, CATsNAP thanks you!